Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I don’t consider myself a sinner? Only people who commit serious crimes are sinners.
- “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- “As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one.” (Romans 3:10)
- “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10)
2. I have lived a good life and done good works, won’t that get me to heaven?
- “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6)
- “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Ghost.” (Titus 3:5)
3. Why would a loving God send anyone to hell? (Because God did love us, He sent His Son, Jesus, to pay for our sins on the cross.)
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
- “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
- (God does not send anyone to hell; a sinner who does not believe in Jesus’ sacrifice for sin sends himself to hell.)
- “For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:17-18)
4. I have always believed in Jesus, isn’t that enough? (A saving belief is not just a head knowledge; rather it is receiving Jesus Christ as personal Savior, trusting in Him exclusively for one’s salvation.)
- “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons for God, even to them that believe on His name.” (John 1:12)
5. I thought each person could sincerely seek God through his own religious choice. Is this not true?
- “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby ye must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
- “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”(John 14:6)
6. We really can’t be sure of heaven until we die, can we?
- “And this is the record, that God hath given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” (I John 5:11-13)