1. To share the gospel of salvation with all men.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
2. To baptize and disciple new believers in the Christian faith.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
3. To build up believers through the sound, systematic preaching of the Bible.
“Preach the Word: be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” (II Timothy 4:2)
4. To encourage one another in the Christian walk.
“For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work; and increasing in the knowledge of God.” (Colossians 1:9-10)
5. To provide a church home where believers can properly exercise their spiritual gifts. (Romans 12:3-8)
6. To join together in singing, worshipping, and praising God.
“Speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:19)
7. To bear one another’s burden.
“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
8. To provide a Godly atmosphere for individuals and families to grow and fellowship.
“And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” (Acts 2:42)